Friday, August 31, 2007

Special Moment on a Special Day




Today, Aunt Paige (aka Nanny McPaige) turns the BIG 20! Talk about ancient... Since she is far far away and we don't get to celebrate with her in style, we decided a nice tribute would have to do.

It started off innocent enough. I went to get Lexi out of her bed this morning. As usual, she had to point at EVERYTHING several times while I told her the words for them even though she knows them. Finally, I was able to scoop her out of her crib. When I changed her diaper, I noticed that it was fairly dry. I knew she would be going soon, so we headed over to the bathroom to sit on the potty. She sat on it and said "pod-tee" over and over again. Then, she stood up to point at it. She started tinkling on the floor. I quickly sat her down again and most of it ended up in the potty. Of course, there was LOTS of praising on my part. I am just hoping that she finally caught of glimmer of what the pod-tee is for.

There you have it. A momentous moment in the life of Lexi and she saved it for her favorite aunt/nanny's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT PAIGE! We hope you pod-tee (oops...Party) it up!

No comments: