Friday, February 01, 2008

2 Year Doctor Appt

Being a crazy mom that wants to get things over at once, I scheduled doctor appointments for Lexi and Jordan today knowing that they would both be getting shots. Needless to say, I wasn't really looking forward to this weekend.

Lexi weighed in at 28 lbs and is now 34" tall, which is in the 66th percentile for both. Her head measurement is actually in the 90th percentile. That made me laugh because she gets her big head from my side. My mom & brother both can't find hats that fit.

She easily performed all the tasks the doctor asked like jumping and touching her toes. Lexi even talked the doctors ear off so that when she got to the question about having a vocabulary of at least 50 words, there was no need to ask. Nobody could manage to talk non-stop with a small vocabulary. I doubt I could even count how many words she says.

When the appointment was winding down, I told her that the nurse was going to give her medicine in her leg and then it would be Jordan's turn. Lexi likes medicine for the most part, but she cried when they gave her the shot of course. She patted Jordan's head when he was getting his done. Then she cried with him until the nurse told her that she could have 2 stickers.

They both stopped crying rather quickly. That just reminded me that I am so glad to be away from the Miami doctors. They both did so well that we were even able to meet up with the Play Group at the new McDonalds. This story has a happy ending (so far).

No comments: