
This Fall, Lexi will be starting part of the Mother's Day Program at a local church (Methodist). When we moved here and even last week, I had no intention of enrolling her in any program or even pre-school. A little phone call (positive thing) early this week has changed things, but I can't go into details on the internet just yet. For now, I will say that we found a wonderful program for her.
I started looking for something that was one or two days a week for half a day. Of course, I also wanted a place she would love. I called a friend who doesn't have her kids in any programs, but who knows lots of moms. She told me that basically everyone uses this place. Not only that, but my mom has a friend that runs it & one that teaches there. I was surprised by the fact that all these people that I know are at the same place and I never knew.
We took the tour this morning and I was amazed. I loved their set-up, basic philosophies, projects, play grounds, the fact that they are closed for the summers, and that there were lots of kids I recognized. As much as I loved it, Lexi loved it more. In fact, she threw the mother of all tantrums when it was time to leave and screamed to play with one of her friends there (Cara). I filled out the application & with a little more paperwork, she'll be going 2 half days a week in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment