
The church we go to rotates the classes the beginning of January (instead of August like school does). That is also when the kids move up to the next class. The babies can start attending the nursery when they are 18 months old. They stay in there until the January after their 3rd birthday. A few weeks ago, the lady in charge of the Primary (which means the kids) called and asked me if I would mind having Lexi move up to the next level early (I don't think she knows that the NEVER do that). The nursery teachers have told her that Lexi is very advanced for her age and would be quite sad and bored if left with the babies. I thought it would be best too.
Throughout December, the kids that would be transitioning from Nursery to Primary came into the Primary for ten to twenty mintutes to get use to it. Their first full time in there was Sunday. Lexi was definitely ready. She sang the songs and raised her hand to answer questions. When they sang a family song, she even shouted out that her dad didn't come to church today because he stayed home. She probably should have mentioned that the Dolphins FINALLY made it to the playoffs. I got to watch half of her time in there because I've been asked to teach the 6 year olds. There are 2 hours of primary. The first hour the classes from 3 - 8 years old meet together to sing and play games. After that, we break down into classes by age. Lexi's teachers are good friends of ours, so I knew she'd love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment