Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sand Sculpting


This afternoon, we went to Imperial Beach to check out their annual Sand Sculpting contest. It was just the kids and me. I thought it was going to be much better than it was and I guess LOTS (& lots & lots & lots) of people had the same thing in mind. Unfortunately because of the crowds, we had to park over a mile and a half away, which is far with kids. I dragged them on the long walk to the beach. When we finally got there, it was so packed that we had to weave our way through too many people to see anything. This type of situation is a nightmare with two little ones who want to run to look at things. I had to hold on tightly and fight the crowd.

So... we didn't see much before I gave up and dragged them all the way back to the car. After half a mile, Jordan complained about his shoes. I noticed he had a blister, so I picked him up. He fell asleep pretty quickly. I carried him all the way back to the car while trying to keep Lexi motivated to walk. We'll be skipping this one next year.




No comments: