Friday, September 16, 2011

First Sick Day


Yesterday, Lexi woke up with a scratchy voice. I thought it would be nice for the teacher to spend one day with a quiet Lexi, so I sent her to school. Believe me, the girl can TALK! We've had several notices about it. Plus, Texas only allows 8 missed school days in the whole year. She came home still feeling bad and later that evening started running a fever and even puked up her dinner.

This morning, I called my mom to ask her if she thinks I should take her to the doctor. It had been such a long time since either of my kids were sick that I had to think about needs to be done about it. My mom usually chooses seeing the doctor, especially for sore throats. I called her pediatrician and got in right away. The initial strep test was negative, but they wanted to send another one out just in case. They gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and said if she seems to be getting worse over the weekend I could pick it up on Sunday.

She got to spend the afternoon watching movies and coloring with Jordan. He was happy to have his buddy home for the day.


No comments: