Saturday, April 12, 2014

Go Hawks! - First Soccer Game


Lexi had her first soccer game today.  The team met at a local elementary school to decorate cars and go in a parade to the fields.  I brought window paint and wrote "Go Hawks!" on the back window.  Jordan asked me to write "Go Lexi" on his window.  Lexi used it to write "I love soccer" on her window.  



Lexi was pretty nervous this morning. She didn't know what to expect.  I was a little worried that my kids didn't know the point of the game.  Lexi's team had only had 2 practices and the only thing I'd seen them do was drills.  The first practice was mainly about informing parents.  I didn't see much of her second practice because it was at the same time as Jordan's first practice.  Her practice field was just far enough away that I couldn't see it.  The game went well though.  There were a few kids who have played before and they seemed to be helping the flow of the game.  By half time, all of the kids seemed to get it.  I was pleasantly surprised by Lexi's abilities.  She was great at running and not afraid to go after the ball.  She is definitely an asset to the team.  



Team photo: Gordon, Ayush, Michael, Olivia, Lexi, Ankith, Tyler, and Bennett






No comments: