Swim team practice started today. Jordan's group went first. Lexi was not sure about this activity even though we signed up with several friends. It is still too cold for swimming in my opinion, so I was glad that I didn't have to.
Lexi and Jordan have been swimming for years, but not properly. It was quite hard, especially after a whole winter of not swimming at all. Lexi is also one of the youngest in her group of 9 -10 year old girls. Most of the kids in her group had been on swim teams at least once, but many were on it for several years. Lexi is used to having things come easy and this was not. She sobbed all the way home and begged me not to make her go again. I told her that this was the perfect opportunity for her to learn that she can do hard things. Fingers crossed that this gets easier!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment