Thursday, June 16, 2016

First Home Meet


We had our first home meet this evening. We raced against Cinco Ranch South West, which has several team members that go to church with us. 

This year, I volunteered to be the 9-10 girls ready bench mom, which is what I did last too. This is a tough job, but I get to watch Lexi and Jordan swim so it is worth it. Plus, I get to know all the girls in Lexi's group. 

One of girls is named Jane. I've known her family from church for a little over 7 years. Her dad was the ready bench volunteer over the 9-10 girls with me last year. I even know several of her aunts and uncles. Sadly, this January her dad, Mark, was diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct cancer. He is really putting up a valiant fight. Some friends started a Team Mark group. We bought these blue hand towels and take pictures to let him know we support him. I thought a swim team picture would be perfect. He hasn't been able to make it to any of the meets, so I've been cheering for Jane and taking pictures for them. Jane is the one holding the towel.


Jane and Lexi often swim together on the 100 yard Freestyle Relay. They got 1:17.54 tonight, which put them in 5th overall and 3rd for our team.



Lexi's 25 yard freestyle time was 20.26, which put her at 20th overall & 11th for our team.

Here is a picture of Lexi with her swim team BFF - Katelyn. They became friends last year.


Lexi with coach Justin (tutu guy)



Getting competitive with their TOO Fast 4 U



Other times for Lexi:

25 Yard Backstroke: 22.17 (12th overall & 5th for our team)
100 Yard IM: 1:45.50 (5th overall & 3rd for our team)
25 Yard Butterfly: 20.66 (4th overall & 2nd for our team)
100 yard Medley: 1:26.81 (4th overall & 2nd for our team)

No comments: