Thursday, June 01, 2017

Emotional Last Day of Elementary 


The last day of school started off normal. I took the picture above. It was only a half day, so I headed back at 12:30 with Miriam. She was definitely interested in our end of year celebration with water guns. We sprayed the younger kids, but the 5th graders took a long time to come out. When they did, we noticed that they were all crying. Even the 4th and 5th grade teachers were crying. This was my 6th year being at the school for dismissal on the last day and this was the FIRST time I had seen crying. Lexi had warned me that she thought she would cry because she was going to miss so many friends. Besides really liking each other, the students were sad because the school splits into two different junior high schools. Some of the kids will not be together in the Fall. Lexi got a million texts (on my phone) all afternoon and evening from different friends saying they were still crying or sad.  










No comments: