Friday, February 16, 2018

Going Away Party


Sami, one of Lexi's church friends, had a going away party this evening. Her father is being transferred to Billings, Montana. Lexi has know her since Kindergarten even though they go to different schools. When I picked her up, I snapped a few pictures of the church friends.


We said our goodbyes, but I told them we will probably see them this summer. Some of our summer plans include visiting my brother, Chris/Paul, in Billings. It has been a while since we have seen him and he has had such a rough year. He got divorced a year ago (last January). During the summer, Child Services took the kids away from his ex-wife for neglect after the baby's skull was cracked without explanation. They immediately gave all four kids to him. He is really great with them, but the court cases are dragging on with psychological evaluations and monitoring for his ex. I think the judge is trying to wrap up all loose ends so that appeals on her end will be unlikely. My family doesn't have anything against her, but from the beginning we felt like she wasn't stable enough to have custody of them. Four kids between the ages of 18 months and 4 years old would be tough for anyone. 

No comments: