Friday morning, Lexi finished off her last teaspoon of Ceprozil (antibiotics) and I foolishly thought we would have a breather. Unfortunately, there wasn’t even a chance for a half a breath. By that evening, she was running a fever. The next day, the fever was about 101, so I kept her on Tylenol. Saturday night, sleep was merely a dream that kept getting interrupted by painful screams.
...Sooooo... Sunday, we went back to Urgent Care. When they finally took us back to a room, Lexi’s temperature was 104 degrees. Yes – very scary. They gave her Motrin and discovered that both ears are infected. They also did a chest x-ray just to make sure she didn’t have bronchitis (she didn’t). The doctor also wanted a urine sample. The medical assistant (who looked like he was 12 years old & was afraid of babies) gave me a little plastic bag with an opening to tape on her. I stuck it on then fed her a bottle followed by a cup of water. After that, we waited and waited and waited, but Lexi would NOT go. We were waiting over an hour (had been there a total of 5 hours), when they finally gave up and released us.
We headed back towards home and stopped at Walgreens to pick up her prescription, Augmentin (commonly used for pneumonia). They were out, so they called the one up the street to discover they were out too. We went to CVS and got the same story (also called the other one). Fortunately, they offered to place an order and said it would be in the next day. We accepted.
I dragged her to work for half a day yesterday to get a few things done and pick up more work. She has been extremely clingy, sensitive, and moody although she is still trying to be her happy and playful self. She isn’t eating much and has begun protesting food and medicine. I think she vomited on me a total of 4 times yesterday. The worst one was right before I was about to put her in bed. I had given her a bath and a bottle. I held her while Steve squirted the medicine into her mouth and suddenly she erupted like a volcano. Poor Steve had to clean up the mess in the kitchen, while I stripped both Lexi and me and hoped into the shower. I am going to call the pharmacist today to see if I can mix the medicine in her formula. By the way, I also made an appointment with an ENT for next Monday.
For now, Lexi and I are staying home and dreaming of a time when sleep will be possible again.
No comments:
Post a Comment