Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Trip to the ER

We have learned something new about Lexi. She is allergic to Augmentin. In fact, I wish this medicine had never been prescribed. Looking back, it was not meant to be. When we went to pick it up, all of the pharmacies on the Beach were out. When we finally got it, she hated the taste (she is now protesting all medicine). Then, it made her nauseous to the point of volcanic vomiting. When I finally figured out how to keep it down (still no appetite), she broke out in a rash. New Nick Name: Miss Spot. I called her doctor. Being the very helpful take her to the ER for everything kind of doctor that he is, you can guess his recommendation. This time, I said fine because it is much closer than Urgent Care. All she needed was a dose of Benadryl and a new prescription. I will definitely be looking for a new doctor. I also happen to be looking forward to the appointment with the ENT on Monday.

No comments: