Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Enjoying the Cold Front




We finally got our first cold front on Monday. Unfortunately, it rolled in right in the middle of my morning walk with Lexi. One minute it was warm (mid 70s). Suddenly, the sky turned black and a cold wind whipped in. I had heard that it was going to be later and that rain was supposed to follow. I don't think I have walked that fast since I got pregnant. It took us about 20 minutes to get back to the house. About 5 blocks away, the rain hit. Lexi hid under the stroller's tarp, but I came back soaking wet.

While it was a miserable morning, Steve and I have been looking forward to this weather change for a while. I thought I was prepared. I had bought quite a few warm clothes for Lexi, but I had overlooked pjs. Yesterday, I took her out shopping. The funny thing is that we ran into a friend of mine that was doing the same thing. She has a 2.5 year old & is very pregnant (due beginning of Dec).

No comments: