
Big changes in a kid’s life often cause them to regress a little. For Lexi, school has been something she looks forward to, but has also seemed to cause two side-effects. One is baby talk. She jabbers and talks like a baby at times, which really annoys Steve. I think that is why she does it more in the evenings and on the weekends. It is a way to get extra attention from him. The other negative side-effect is annoying mostly me - she is having #2 accidents in her panties. She has done it twice at school and many times at home. I've tried reasoning, praising, etc. Now, I am going with bribing. I took her to the store to buy a special doll that she can play with after going "caca in the potty."
We looked at lots of different dolls. She decided she wanted Tinker Bell. I picked up the blonde one, but she said no. She pointed at the red haired one and said "Grandma Margie." The funny thing is that for the last few weeks she has been calling her Raggedy Ann Doll Grandma Margie too. At first, I thought she was trying to say it was Grandma Margie that gave her the doll. I kept telling her that Granny Lou gave it to her, but she insisted on saying Grandma Margie. Then, I realized that she was talking about the red hair. I guess she is going through a red hair doll phase.
No comments:
Post a Comment