Thursday, March 14, 2013

Brazos Bend with Grandma & Papa


We went to Brazos Bend State Park (known for their gators) today with Grandma and Papa.  We had a picnic lunch and then hiked on the trails.  I had been here before with friends and I could swear that they told me that the tower is the half way point for the long trail.  When you get to the tower, you can head back on one trail or keep going.  I thought we could easily make it.  Well, the tower is only about 1/4 of the way for the long trail.  We didn't have water or anything with us.  We found a little trail that was supposed to be a shortcut back.  It crossed over the main road.  When we got to the other side, we found a closed gate saying that the trail was closed.  We had to finish our hike on the side of the road.  It was quite a long hike, but definitely the perfect day for it.    












No comments: