Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patty's Day





We had a pretty good St Patty's Day with Grandma and Papa.  Lexi begged me to let her go to church all glamorous today.  I bought her the fake fingernails a few years ago (in California) and had never let her wear them.  They seemed too silly to go anywhere.  I agree today and my mom put them on her.  I decided to do the double french braid into one.  I haven't done that to her hair for a while.   

After church, we headed up to Spring, Texas (45 minutes to an hour away) with Papa.  Papa's daughter, Katherine lives there.  We went to her house and then headed out to dinner.  She picked a seafood restaurant.  Apparently, she loves seafood, but her husband, Jason, doesn't.  He was out at the race track and didn't join us.  

Lexi and Jordan got to see different kinds of foods that they have never had before.  For the appetizer, Papa and Katherine had oysters.  My mom and Katherine had crawdads for their meal.  You can see by Lexi's face exactly what she thought of the crawdads.  Neither of the kids wanted a taste. I wasn't all that adventurous either, although I already know what both of those taste like.  I was happy with coconut shrimp.  The kids had hamburgers.    





No comments: