Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Word

I have been wondering what Lexi's next word would be. My brother's daughter, Eden, says key, key (for kitty, kitty). Steve's cousin's daughter, Camille, says duck. I figured it might be some kind of animal since that seems to be the trend. Since our last visit to Granddad George 's house for Labor day, Lexi has been fascinated by dogs. We see lots of them during our walks on South Beach. She also has 2 stuffed puppies. I thought she might say dog, but I was wrong.

Sunday, Steve was playing with Lexi and he picked up a little row of stuffed ducks. He held it out to her and said duck, which is probably the first time she ever heard that word and guess what...she followed in Camille's foot steps. The funny thing is that Steve had no idea that Camille was saying that. Duck has now become her third favorite word, right after a million mamas and several daddas. I tried to catch it on video here:


As a girl who NEVER likes to do anything on queue, this is when I finally captured it:

No comments: