Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Cards for Granny Lou & Grandma Margie


I had the kids create Mother's Day cards for their Grandmothers tonight.  Unfortunately, we did not get an early start. I had to divide up the assignment between Lexi & Jordan.  Lexi started with Granny Lou.  She drew a picture of herself with Granny Lou and Granddad in Granny's garden.  Next, she worked on a picture for my mom.  It was getting late, so I was trying to rush her.  We quickly talked about what Grandma would like.  I mentioned a drawing of her 5 five kids.  Lexi got right to work and had no other input from me.  I was completely amazed at the accurate details that she added especially since she hasn't seen my brothers in a few years.  She asked me if it was ok that Paul (labeled Poll) had his hands in his pocket.  That is exactly what my dad & Paul do quite often.  Then, I noticed that Alma (labeled Allmo) had bare feet.  He is a legend for his bare feet.  People around here still comment on them.  Yes - he even has bare feet in the snowy cold weather of Wyoming/Montana/Colorado & all those cold places he has lived.  Then there is Clayton doing bunny ears on Paige.  Of course, that is what he'd do in a real picture.  This is quite a realistic depiction of a crazy group of siblings.  I’m sure my mom will love it.  



No comments: