Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family Reunion Day 2


This morning, we had breakfast with Alma and Clayton's family at the camp ground.  Afterward, Grandma brought out the hula hoops to get the kids to practice for this evening.  There is a family talent show and we signed the kids up to hula hoop to music.  We didn’t choreograph a number since they all live in different states and wanted to spend the family reunion having fun.   







Eden (Alma's daughter), Lexi & Miriam (Clayton's daughter)

Mid-morning, Chris and Julia showed up just in time to head out to the ice caves.  I wasn't able to go because I had to work on my proposal.  Fortunately, my mom took pictures.





In the afternoon/evening, we all gathered for the talent show, which was mainly put on by the kids.  I guess very few of the adults are talented.  ;)  We saw dance routines, gymnastics, magic shows, jump roping, musical instruments, and singing.  By the way, I had no idea that Lexi was going to wear her swimsuit for the performance.  I had her put it on this morning under her skirt and t-shirt in case we ended up in the lake.  I guess she saw several of the girls in their dance costumes and stripped down.  Here are pictures and a video of Lexi & her cousins performing their hula hooping:  





The kids watching the magic show

We all gathered for a family dinner.  Everyone contributed something.  


There aren't any pictures, but that night most of us gathered around the campfire to make s'mores and tell ghost stories.  Lexi was completely fascinated.  She had never experienced that before.  Of course, most of the ghost stories were the silly ones like "I gotcha where I want ya, now I'm going to eat ya" and "when the log rolls over we're all going to die."  The kids were all giggling.  Then, some of the kids begged my Aunt Beverly to tell the "Thump, thump, swish" story.  When she finished, we realized it was getting a little scary for Lexi, so Grandma, Lexi and I left.  The next morning, we heard about the story after that told by my Uncle Dixon and we're pretty glad because the older kids got scared too.  

No comments: