Lexi's school had another fund raiser this month (surprise, surprise). This school district really should get an award for the amount of fund raisers they have and for how much money they bring in. It is a bit much for me and some other parents. Anyway, today was a Boosterthon Fun Run. The kids were encouraged to get sponsors to pledge money per lap. I didn't have any money, but I told Lexi could ask her dad if he wanted to. She asked & signed him up.
All of the kids were given special shirts to wear. I decided to make it a little cuter with red ribbons. Unfortunately, the school started the race for the first graders at 8:45 am. I couldn't go because I have to drop Jordan off at his school by 9 am. Our neighbor was there to watch her son and snapped a few photos of Lexi for me. Lexi ran the 35 laps that were encouraged, plus at least another 5. The back of the shirts had the numbers that were marked off with a Sharpie for each lap. She really enjoyed it.




No comments:
Post a Comment