Monday, January 07, 2013

Christmas Break


Since today was the last day of the school Christmas break, I decided that we needed to have a little extra fun.  It is also the first day that it wasn't freezing cold here since right after Christmas.  I've been wanting to hibernate.  Overall, this has been a great break for the kids.  Of course, they have been squabbling, but they have also been playing really well together.  They have grown even closer and seem to be enjoying each other's company.  I love it.  

We started the day off with lettered pancakes.  The kids pulled out their mini-laptops and played around.  Then mid-morning, I loaded up the bikes and we headed over to George Bush, Sr Park.  We went a little ways on the bike trail, had a picnic in a pavilion  and then played on the playground.  Great day to get fresh air, move around, and laugh a little too.  







No comments: