Lexi's birthday is today, so we started it off with opening presents. I had a feeling she was REALLY going to like the present with the red paper & star on it (from Great Granny Lou & Great Aunt Snookie). I recognized the star logo. I told her to keep that one until last.
Dress that I made -
Card from Grandma Margie
an American Girl Doll... what she's been dreaming about for a year - THANKS GRANNY & SNOOKIE!
They sent Caroline; the one Lexi had been hoping for.
Mid-morning, I took Lexi and Jordan to the American Girl Store for the first time. We enjoyed looking at all of the different dolls, outfits, accessories, books, cafe, and doll salon. I understand that Granny & Snookie enjoyed shopping for the doll too.
Posing by the Caroline Doll Display
Lexi had one more thing on her agenda today. She has been asking to get her ears pierced for a while. I told her that I got mine pierced when I was 7 and she could too. For the last month or so, I have been wishing that I set the age at 10 or 12. Seven came too quickly. I certainly gave her LOTS of opportunities to back out, but she was determined. She wanted to hold my hand while they did it.
She is thrilled with the results. This will certainly be a birthday to remember. Lexi got the doll she has been dreaming about and her ears pierced. Big smiles all around!













No comments:
Post a Comment