Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Palace Beautiful


This summer, I took the kids to the library and had them read LOTS of books.  It isn't an easy finding lots of books for Lexi.  I struggle with this because I want her to read books that are on her reading level, but not above her emotional level or too mature for her.  Quite a few of the girly books for 5th graders start introducing puberty topics.  I am always trying to find fun books that aren't about all that.

This book is called Palace Beautiful.  It was written by one of my friends that I knew back in high school here in Katy.  Her name is Sarah DeFord Williams.  Lexi happened to notice the book on my shelf and asked if she could read it.  I realized it was the perfect book.  She read it in a few hours and completely loved it.

Today, I had her pose for the picture above.  I thought it would be fun to post it on Sarah's Facebook page.  I know she has lots of fans and that this book is popular, but one more doesn't hurt.

No comments: