
See the picture above? ...I captured a rare moment - my non-napping toddler actually sleeping during the day! I simply went up stairs to put Jordan down for his nap & when I returned she was zonked out on the couch.
I wish I could follow the pattern that lead to this blissful moment, but I have to give credit to the two birthday parties we attended this weekend and a back-to-school birthday breakfast bash we had this morning. Besides the gymnastics party, we went to a backyard bbq party for a one year old's birthday yesterday. It was HOT and there was a pool. Lexi played & played & played. She didn't eat much and fell asleep on the way home. We actually had her in bed by 7pm (instead of 8pm). This morning, she was starving. Fortunately, we had been invited to meet up with a bunch of moms at Cracker Barrel to celebrate/cry about back-to-school. Lexi doesn't start for 2 more weeks, so we were just there to have fun & eat. I ordered 2 pancakes with apples & whipped cream for her. I had no idea that she would or even could eat 3/4 of it, but she did. She definitely got a full tummy.
Now, I've had a quiet afternoon ...I wish I could have used it for something other than work.
No comments:
Post a Comment