Saturday, August 16, 2008

Princess Nightgown


Who knew when I bought this nightgown that it would be so loved (by her) and so hated (by me)? Perhaps, I should have seen this coming. One of my close friends has a daughter who is five that is very similar to Lexi. For the past year, her daughter has been driving her crazy over a beloved dress. She wants to wear it ALL the time. She even gets it out of the hamper. Finally, the dress vanished (hidden in the attic).

I wondered if I would have a similar battle with Lexi. She prefers dresses and nightgowns to other items of clothing, but hasn’t been too bad…until she got this one. The nightgown had been in the hamper for the past few days. She got it out a few times, but I explained to her that it was dirty. Last night, I put on her second favorite nightgown (ballerina one). This morning, when I got her out of bed guess which one she was wearing… the attic is looking like a good idea. At the very least, I'll be moving her hamper out of her bedroom.

No comments: