Saturday, May 12, 2012
Savannah's 5th Birthday Party
We went to Savannah's 5th birthday party this evening. She had a picnic theme, which was quite cute. The party started off with the kids making a sticker picture and then having story time. After that, each kid got a basket to fill with picnic food. We walked them all to a little neighborhood park. We sat on a blanket to eat. Later, the kids played fun games like sack races and red rover.
When we were packing up to head back to the house, Lexi announced that her tummy was hurting. I think the Red Rover was partly to blame. She leaned on me and moaned the whole way back clutching her stomach. When we got back, the other kids played games and she sat out. She had a little ice cream, but skipped the cupcakes. Once the party was wrapping up, she seemed quite a bit better. I was still surprised to hear her BEGGING Uncle Stephen (my friend's brother) to wind her up and spin her in the swing. I told her it would make her puke, but she didn't listen. Fortunately for the hosts, she didn't puke at their house. As I drove off, she started complaining again. I rolled down the window and told her to breathe deeply. About 2 miles from our house, I heard & smelled her puking. It was all over her, the inside of the door, the carpet, her booster seat, outside of the door, and trailing the side of my car. I just hope she didn't get it on someone else's car too.
What a fun reminder that tomorrow is mother's day & cleaning up this kind of stuff is what being a mother is all about...
Story Time
Games at the Park
Red Rover
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
That must have been an early mothers day present:).... No fun! But we enjoyed seeing you guys at the party!
Post a Comment