Sunday, December 30, 2012
Last Sunday of the Year
Today was the last Sunday of 2012. As usual, we got up and got ready for church. I like to be there 15 to 20 minutes early, so we can sit on our favorite little bench. It is a small bench that fits the 3 of us perfectly. Being there that early, means we get to chat with a few others that walk around and say hi to everyone. One of my friends from church came and talked to up this morning. She is the Relief Society President (meaning that she is in charge of all of the women in our congregation). While we were talking I glanced up to the stand and noticed an elderly gentleman. He looked familiar, but I really didn't pay attention. Once my friend walked away, I noticed that another of my favorite families was quite early and acting a little different. In my mind, I thought, it is as if the man on the stand is .... I looked at him again and ... Suddenly, I realized that it was Richard G. Scott.
His son is in our bishopric (congregation leaders), so it wasn't a huge surprise. I pointed him out to Lexi & Jordan and a few people sitting near us. They were quiet excited. Then, our home teacher (one of the men in our congregation assigned to look after us), came over & told me to take the kids up on the stand to shake Elder Scott's hand. By then it was about time for church to start, so we rushed up there. I quickly told him that I just wanted to shake his hand. We did and exchanged quick smiles. Lexi was next and did the same thing.
At the end of our meeting, Elder Scott stood up and spoke for a few minutes. He said he wanted to give all of us an apostolic blessing. He told us to go home and write down all of our blessings - think about them, name them & count them. He also told us to write down things that we want to work on improving. He promised us that if we did that, we would be happier. I think that is wonderful advice especially as a new year is starting. This afternoon, I worked on mine and had the kids work on their lists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment