Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wedding Off

Steve came over this afternoon and told the kids that he had called the wedding off.  For the past week, he had been talking to me about his major doubts.  I had brought up a few things that I thought he should consider like the fact that he wasn't telling ANYONE about the wedding.  I just think when you are really in love, you want to share the news.  We talked about the positives and negatives, but I said it is all up to him.

I asked Steve if he had made the effort to ponder, fast & pray about this.  He said no, but that he would.  He spent the beginning of this week doing just that.  By yesterday evening, his mind was made up and he was at peace.  Of course, he had to break it to her gently.  I gave him some advice, but I don't know how the conversation went down exactly.  I bet it was very difficult.    

It has been one crazy month for Steve and his fiance.  I know the dream of being married is often so strong that people forget that it takes an extra special person to make it wonderful.  I believe that he has learned a lot about himself, life, prayer, love and the importance of family this month.  I hope this inspires him to continuing working on improving himself and moving forward.  

No comments: