It was Lexi's first day of first grade. I woke her up at 6:30 am and made juice for her (orange/apple/pear). A few minutes later, Jordan came downstairs and joined us. Then I got them a bowl of homemade granola, while I made her lunch and got her backpack ready. We came upstairs so she could brush her teeth and get dressed. The first thing she said was, "I thought this outfit would be a lot cuter." I told her it was really cute and guided her to the bathroom. I fixed her hair and got Jordan and I ready. After that, I took pictures before heading out. We even took one on the way.
Our walk was a lot different today than it was last year. Most of last year, we were the only ones or one of the few on the side walks. This year, they cancelled school buses for houses that are within half a mile of the schools. Lots of students and parents were out. I tend to walk fast and push my kids along. It took a minute or two longer than expected. We still made it to class on time for the first bell.
Jordan and I walked to pick her up this afternoon. There were also a lot more parents waiting for the walkers. She came out with a smile on her face. She said her teacher is VERY NICE. She is happy and made a new best friend named Lily. I think this is going to be a great year.





No comments:
Post a Comment