Sunday, August 05, 2012

Testimony Meeting

On the first Sunday of the month, the LDS church has a Fast & Testimony Meeting.  The members of the congregation get up and talk.  I guess it is a little like open mic night.  As we were sitting there listening, Lexi turned to me and asked if we were allowed to get up and talk.  I said sure.  She asked if she could.  I said sure and told her to think about what she wanted to say.

I realized that I should give her a few instructions.  I told her that we usually start with, "I'd like to bear my testimony..."  At the end we say, "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  She asked if everyone would be able to see her.  I assured her that all of the podiums have a step you can stand on if you need it.  They are also raised & lowered depending on your height.  I told her she could go up when the person speaking sits down.  A man beat her to it though, so I said she can also go up and sit on the stage so she'll be next.  That is what she wanted to do.

Lexi sat up there so calmly.  Then she got up and the bishop helped her pull out the step.  He also adjusted the mic. She did a wonderful little job.  She talked about loving me and being thankful for her Primary teacher.  She was also glad that we are back from California.  Then she came and sat down.  Everyone was so proud, especially since kids don't do it very often.  I was amazed at how calm she was.  We have a HUGE congregation.  There are about 350 people every Sunday.  I'm glad she is so confident.

No comments: