Monday, August 22, 2016

First Day of 5th Grade


School started again today and Lexi is a big 5th grader. I can't believe this is her last year in elementary school. I swear she started kindergarten a year or two ago. She has really grown over the summer. She is now up to my lips, so it will not be long before she catches up and passes me. 

Lexi was very excited to see her friends and get back to school, but she was "not want to learn." That basically means, she doesn't want all the work only the fun parts. Oh well.  Lexi picked out her clothes this year. I, of course, had to approve, but I gave her a lot of the decision making. I did insist on longer shorts though. She wanted ones that were about finger tip length. I just like the Bermuda ones better. 

The school has an whole bunch of new kids thanks to boundary changes. A school nearby was at 125% capacity and our school has been at 75% capacity, so they shifted a bunch of those kids over. This is a new year, with lots of new kids. 






We are walking our neighbors, Sofia and Isabella, again this year. Their parents are teacher in another school. They need a little help getting to school and coming home.


Big 5th Graders: Lexi & Sofia

Got to the school a little early (Lexi did NOT want to be late, which we NEVER are)


Lexi with her homeroom teacher, Ms. Torres - She has 3 main teachers this year and a few more for specials like P.E., Art and Music.


No comments: