Saturday, August 26, 2006

7 Months Old Today

I can hardly believe that Lexi was born seven months ago. In some ways, it seems like it was only yesterday. Mainly though, I can't really remember what life was like before she decided to grace us with her presence.

The seventh month has not been easy. Lexi went on her first LONG road trip (Tallahassee) and got really tired of her carseat. She lost her nanny. She started daycare (this one she likes). Plus, her knees are raw with rug burns. Worst of all, she got sick for the first time and it developed into Bronchitis. Perhaps, I'll be responsible in the future if she turns into a hypochondriac.

Despite all that, Lexi has made several advancements including sitting, clapping, London bridges, army style scooting, being able to put her pacifier back in her mouth all by herself, holding her own bottles, name recognition of Dada, mini-tantrums for little or no reason, and alligator death rolls during diaper changes. There are also some things that the daycare ladies find interesting like the fact that she prefers vegetables over fruit (not a picky eater either way) and she is by far the most (hyper)-active baby they have. They left out the hyper part and just called it active, but I can tell that she is wearing them down. That's my girl! I certainly know that wrestling her is tiring.

One other thing, which happened this month, is that I actually left Lexi home alone with Steve (twice). For some strange reason, it hasn't happened before. I think I only left her home with him once for 10 minutes back in February. It has nothing to do with Steve. I guess it is mostly because he is working all the time. When I left for two and a half hours last Saturday (using my gift certificate for a massage), Steve asked if I was worried. I told him that I was more worried about what she would do to him than what would happen to her. In a way, that is true. They were great together though.

Happy 7 Months To Lexi!

No comments: