Thursday, August 17, 2006

Confession of a Bad Mom

See that red mark on Lexi's head (click on the picture to enlarge)? Guess whose fault it is...mine! I picked her up from daycare at noon because she was refusing to eat (still feeling ill). Unfortunately, she might have been better off staying there. It all happened during lunch. I put her in the stroller and belted her in. When I was almost done, she started fussing so I picked her up. I put her back in for a minute to grab some water. This was the FIRST TIME I did not strap her in AND OF COURSE, she slipped through the bottom. She didn't fall all the way out; her head and arms were trapped by the tray so she was dangling and screaming. It was only a matter of seconds, but she ended up with red mark on her forehead. Poor girl! It is a wonder that most of us make it to adulthood.

By the way, she is napping peacefully in the picture (not passed out). She doesn't mind when I touch the red spot, so I think the redness is more of a matter of sensitive skin (like I have). Oh, & yes I realize that she'll probably have to go to therapy after I get done with her.

No comments: