Friday, August 25, 2006

First Full Day

Two weeks ago, I started thinking about my new schedule and how tight it was. Being a working mom and all that entails, like taking extra time to go to and from daycare, means that I have to prioritize. I also have to stick to a schedule to make it work. However, even though I have a schedule, it has not worked out even once in three weeks. Why?...

Lexi has not spent an entire day at daycare. Her first week, I focused on transition. Monday I picked her up at 11am and each day after that a little later. The next week, we were going to do full days, but it didn't happen. I called that Monday and she was extra fussy, so I picked her up. She has spent the last 2 weeks in the office (except the day and half I took off) with me suffering from a cold and later Bronchitis. Actually, we were both suffering from being sick and from the crazy situation.

Even though I work with people that are all VERY pro-baby, it is hard for me to deal with the extra stress of having her here. I swear every time someone had an important call; Lexi decided it was time to let out high pitched screams. She also has a 5 minute window of fussiness before falling asleep. That five minutes feels like an hour when you don't want to disturb everyone. Good thing, she is a chipper person, but she lets out a lot of happy shrieks too. On top of trying to do my work, I spend the whole day trying to keep her entertained and moderately happy. It wore me out. She is now feeling back to normal and I am still sick. I would rather have her with me, but it isn't working for either of us. She needs more stimulation than I can provide in the office.

Today, I dropped her off at daycare then went to a meeting several hours away. I stopped by again at lunch to check on her and give her medicine. She was sound asleep. I heard she was having a blast, so she'll stay all day for her first time.

No comments: