Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cranky Pants

Lexi was not her usually chipper self on Sunday. She still smiled and laughed, but had moments of crankiness. Mid-morning on Monday, it was clear why. I called the daycare to see how she was doing and they said she was extremely cranky. So, I picked her up and brought her right back to the office. She felt a little warm and soon began having a runny nose. It was obviously her first cold or illness for that matter. Since then, she has been spending her days with me at work. On one hand it is very nice having her near, but trying to get work done while dealing with a cranky baby who has a runny nose isn't fun. Overall, I guess I am lucky to work at a place where I can bring her. I would hate to think how much of my sick time would disappear while she gets use to daycare bugs.

No comments: