This morning, the moment I have been dreading since I got pregnant came. I had to take Lexi to daycare. I was quite depressed the entire weekend just thinking about it. The sadness mounted on the drive there as both of us were unusually quiet. I snapped a few photos of her in the parking lot while trying to avoid the inevitable. Another mother stopped to ask me if it was her first day already knowing the answer by my actions.
As soon as we walked in the door, everything was fine. The owner reached out for Lexi and she went right to her. Lexi stared at the other kids in amazement while I finished the paperwork. I gave her a kiss before leaving, but she was still fascinated by the kids. About an hour and a half later, I called to check up on her and was told she was doing well. She had cried a little, but not much. At 11 am, I went to pick her up. I found her playing on the floor with two adorable babies. She was as happy as could be.



No comments:
Post a Comment